Upmarket hotels aim to enhance the traveller’s experience. While many successfully convey a pampered atmosphere in the living decor, they fail when it comes to the accessibility bathrooms, offering instead visually unattractive and hospital-like spaces.
This is a potential major missed opportunity, when high quality fixtures with both aesthetic appeal and certified disability compliance are available, and would result in bathrooms indistinguishable from able-bodied ones.
In fact, there is a distinct advantage in fitting all a hotel’s bathrooms with accessible (Universal Design) fixtures. It provides ultimate flexibility in booking maximum room numbers, offers clients the luxury appeal of support in the wet areas should they unexpectedly need it, and ensures overall positive customer response.
The additional cost providing fine accessible design is more than outweighed by the financial and practical advantages it provides hotel management and the greatly enhanced guest experience that can be offered in every bathroom.
Life is about experiences and the goal should be equally positive for able bodied people and disabled people.
For All Rooms
- Retain aesthetic integrity (ie: not importing institutional look)
- Enhances guest safety in all bathrooms
- Enhances guest experience – the reality is having something to hold onto in the shower is re-assuring for the guest.
- Eliminates rooms being removed from service due to shower rail failure when grabbed
- Proven performer in the Hotel Sector
For Accessible Rooms
- Eliminates the need to discount accessible rooms when able bodied guest complains of hospital like fit out
- Proven performer in Hotel sector
- 4* & 5* Hotels need product commensurate with the rating not hospital or public bathroom fit out.
- Guests expect commensurate product fit out for their money.